These weekly drop-in sessions will focus on coping skills, wellness and resilience. The goal is to provide a positive and supportive environment to help parents understand patterns of stress in their lives and build a personal coping plan to tackle feelings of anxiety, stress and sadness. We want to support parents in becoming a better version of themselves, in order to reach their personal and family goals for coping, resilience, and overall wellness.
These weekly drop-in sessions will focus on wellness and resilience to help parents:
- NIdentify and validate problematic patterns of thoughts and feelings
- NDecrease their troubling feelings and behaviours
- N Increase personal empowerment, resilience, and hope by creating a personal plan for change
- NNavigate challenges to implementing changes in their lives
- N Accept and adapt to challenges in their parenting journey now and for the future
- NBoost their ability to handle complex stressors, and model this for their children
- NTeach Emotion Focused Coaching strategies to parents for use with their children
- NIncrease self-confidence and knowledge while expanding network of support
January 12, 2022 to March 2, 2022.
6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Location - Burlington
Rotary Youth Centre
560 Guelph Line
Burlington, ON L7R 3M4
With funding support from Halton Region
Courtney Fuciarelli, MSW, RSW is a Registered Social Worker who has spent the last 15 years working with children and families in the areas of mental health, education, and personal growth and development. She provides individual counselling and family support to clients in the Hamilton/Halton Region at CASE Psychology (Halton) and Fields & Flour Therapy (Hamilton). She brings a warm and engaging style of facilitation to guide parents in first supporting themselves, so they are better able to support their children.