For Professionals

Info & Resources for Professionals

This page might be helpful for you if you are any of the following, looking to learn more about ADHD and learning disabilities (LD’s).

A pediatrician, family doctor, or psychiatrist

A therapist, counsellor, or social workern ADHD and Executive Functioning

A crisis worker, peer support worker, or school support worker

A principal, teacher, SERT, or educational assistant

An employer of workers who have LD’s and related disorders

Any professional helping people with LD’s or ADHD!

Where can I refer patients, students, or clients who need support with their LD?

Centre for Diverse Learners programs – read up on and refer students to our programs for children/students with LD’s. We also encourage parents and families to contact us if they are unsure which programs will benefit the most – we offer resource facilitation services to help them navigate their options. We also accept students with related disorders like ADHD and executive functioning problems, or who have a suspected disability but not an official diagnosis.

See the Halton Diversity Resource Guide – for BIPOC in Halton for a comprehensive guide to the resources and organizations available for BIPOC in Halton.

woman and child with learning disabilities at home colouring at kitchen table

For Parents

For Educators

group of members in organization

For Adults

Lecutre workshop on learning diabilities and ADHD

For Professionals

Group Of Elementary School Pupils Sitting On Floor Listening To Female Teacher Read Story

For Students