Please be aware:
- If you sign up with us, we will take great care to keep your information safe and we will not share it with others without your explicit permission.
- We will not share your data with third parties, except when required to deliver our own services.
- Any sensitive information that you fill out on our third-party CRM platform is protected and not shared without your permission.
Digital Ads and Sponsored Links
This website does not contain any sponsored links or digital ads.
Downloads and Media Files
Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on this website are provided to you at your own risk. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure that only genuine downloads are available, you are advised to verify their authenticity using third party anti-virus software or similar applications.
If you sign up for a service
When you sign up for any of our services (for example, signing up to the mailing list) we will record specific personal information about you, such as your name and email address. We do not share this information with third-parties except in situations where explicit consent is provided for a particular purpose.
We may send you email notifications that you have specifically requested (such as newsletters or notifications). You can opt out of email communication at any time.
Please note that if you fill out an application for a program, we are required to email/contact you for purposes related to program administration, safety, and application status. After the program is over, you can opt out of email communication.
We will never provide your personal information or email address to any third parties except where they are specifically employed to help deliver our own services, as detailed above.
We take many precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. These precautions include:
- Use of enhanced internet security features to protect website content and data collection, such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption)
- Storing confidential data in a secure manner using state-of-the-art firewall and cyber-security
- Multi-factor authentication to provide an additional layer of security.
- Restrictions to what information can be accessed via any location
- Data backups occur regularly to respond to data corruption, human error, or other unanticipated situations.”
While we take great care to ensure any confidential information remains protected, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
Safeguarding Personal Information
Centre for Diverse Learners will make every reasonable effort to prevent any loss, misuse, disclosure, or modification of personal information, as well as any unauthorized access to personal information. The Business will safeguard personal information, including by taking the following measures as appropriate:
- Restricting access to personal information only to designated individuals on a “need to know” basis
- Encrypting and password protecting electronic devices and systems.
The Centre for Diverse Learners is responsible for protecting any personal information under its control and has designated Alison Brindle, Executive Director as its Privacy Officer. Questions or concerns regarding privacy procedures or the Business’ compliance with applicable privacy legislation may be directed to the Privacy Officer by emailing [email protected] or by calling 905-333-1977 during business hours, 9 a.m.to 5 p.m. EST, Monday to Friday.
Updates to this policy